Friday, October 5, 2007

Fish on Film

A friend of Jon's took a picture of this fantastic yearling golden trout. The vertical bars on the sides are called "parr marks", which the fish carries for its initial year of life. A rare find, and a true trophy in spite of its relatively small size.
A gorgeous brown trout who fell victim to a Panther-Martin spinner. Check out those gorgeous spots!
One of my favorite shots: taken at Huntington Reservoir in central Utah, this tiger trout was caught through the ice. What makes it so cool is the mosaic pattern of the ice, which came to appear this way after it had initially frozen, went through a partial melt during a warm spell, and then re-froze.
A black crappie, caught from a float tube on a 2" twister-tail jig. Delicious! (The crappie I mean, not the 2" twister-tail jig ...)
A brook trout lying in the grass after the catch. One of the prettiest fish you can catch.
I had my office wall decorated this way at school. I do love fishing!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Excellent pictures! I appreciated the golden trout. Was that caught in Utah's Uintah mountains?

Uinta Ice said...

Yes.