Friday, October 28, 2011

Closing in on Transition Time




It's getting to be that time of year when we cold-footers begin to think about ice fishing season. Some years we're on the ice by Thanksgiving. Other years it's more like Christmas. But I need to go through my equipment and make sure that fish-finder batteries are still good, that reels are spooled up with fresh mono, and that we have some early ideas as to where we want to do our fishing this year. Success rates have been down the past 2 seasons, so I'd like to just think that things will improve this year. We deserve better than we've been getting. Come on ice!

One thing I HAVE to do this year is down-size my load of "stuff" that I try to haul out onto the ice. Too much weight, and I'm getting too old to keep up with the boys as they scoot across the ice with their sleds. I carry too many lures and such. I've got to get a small bag and just place the bare minimum in there for fishing use. Of course, I still need to find a place for Mr. Heater to ride along.

No comments: